How many glasses of water should I drink each day to keep my skin moist?
Over the years I’ve been asked this question again and again. A popular myth is that it takes 7 glasses of water daily to avoid dry skin.
Here’s the real truth about water and your skin:
- You do need adequate fluid intake to keep you hydrated and healthy.
- However the outermost layer of skin (dermis) does not absorb water since it is made up of dead skin cells.
- Moisture level of the dermis is not determined by internal factors, but rather by external ones.
- External factors include cold or hot air, dry heat, and the number of oil producing glands you have.
How to keep your skin hydrated to avoid dry skin
- Exfoliate your skin weekly.
- Use a sea-salt scrub to exfoliate (remove excess dead skin cells).
- Apply a rich moisturiser.
- For really smooth, glowing skin treat yourself to one of our Wraps.
Why you may want to drink 7 glasses of water daily anyway
- Summer is almost here and as always will bring hot weather and increased fluid loss from perspiration.
- Christmas is rapidly approaching and is an ideal time to establish the habit of alternating a glass of water with any other celebratory drinks you may be enjoying.
Speaking of Christmas – how well prepared are you?
With less than 7 weeks to go the Christmas season is already upon us. If you’re anything like me the Christmas madness may be making you feel a little bit frazzled. My mother impressively has all her presents wrapped and ready!
Avoid That Frazzled Feeling With A Gorgeous Gift Voucher
We’ve put together the perfect gift voucher range to help you take control:
- You choose how much you want to give
- We make the voucher to suit your budget
- You have up to six months to redeem your voucher
- Our November Special Offer (first 37 shoppers only) may be just what you want to help you go from frazzled to organised!
That wraps it up 🙂 for this newsletter, so feel free to share your thoughts about anything in this post in the comments box below.
To your serene well-being,